THE GLASGOW FORTEAN

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Bonz » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:37 pm

My late grand-parents both worked in the old Gartloch Hospital and it seemed to have more than it's fair share of strange goings on. My grandfather worked a lot of nightshifts there and there were a lot of cases where the staff and patients would here people banging on the windows of the wards from the outside. The strange thing was, these wards were on the first floor and there was no way people could bang the windows.......... :?: :!: :?:
Bonz
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby duncan » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:56 pm

Bonz wrote:My late grand-parents both worked in the old Gartloch Hospital and it seemed to have more than it's fair share of strange goings on. My grandfather worked a lot of nightshifts there and there were a lot of cases where the staff and patients would here people banging on the windows of the wards from the outside. The strange thing was, these wards were on the first floor and there was no way people could bang the windows.......... :?: :!: :?:

shutters, branches, birds etc can all make noises like this that would freak you out, especially if you're in a large victorian mental asylum at night where the situation would probably make you a bit paranoid anyway.
duncan
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:11 pm

Glasgow is a very haunted city, ive collected loads of stories over the years, even had a freaky experience or two. Hauntings/ghosts have been an interest i have had for years, in fact i was trying to put a group together, with limited success. Its hard to weed out the people who just want a scare than those who are genuinally interested.

By the way Modern Fossil seems to be very good at photgraphing mists and orbs.

If anyone is interested in arranging a meeting, I would be very willing to set something up, let me know by PM and i will sort it out.
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:43 am

take it from me..bedlay castle is a no go for looking for spooky stuff, the owner likes to be left alone, and is sick of ghost teams asking him!! i know i did.

But if ye sort something out....who ya gonna call?? Dickyhart of course.
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cheesemonster » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:24 pm

One of my wee brother's mates is from moodiesburn, he said there's an area of road beside a bridge round there thats haunted, he told me he drove down there once before and it was pretty freaky, i'll ask him more about it when i see him later
cheesemonster
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vinny the Mackem » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:13 am

Only had one "experience" that I thought was a bit odd. (Well, I've probably had a few I'm not admitting to in a public forum such as this, but I'm talking "paranormal" stuff here!! ::): )

Anyhoo, was in St George's Cross underground waiting on a train. I was the only one in the station and it was in the evening, probably around 7ish.

As I'm pacing about, I heard a distinct whistling from the tunnel on the outier circle (coming from the direction of the Cowcaddens tunnel). It was a kind of tuneless whistle, as opposed to a "hailing a taxi" type whisltle. To be honest, I didn't really pay too much attention to it but it was as I was getting on the train a few minutes later, it just sort of occurred to me that I had been the only one on the platform.

It could have been a workman, I suppose, or someone at Cowcaddens station whistling, but it's got to be some echo for a "quiet" whistle to travel that far!

Another thing about that station is whenever I am in it, either as I step off the train or head down the bottom stairs going in, I always get an odd taste in the back of my mouth. Best I can describe it is sort of a stagnant oily taste.

Maybe I'm just losing it! :D
Vinny the Mackem
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:59 pm

Shields Road Station is reputedly haunted, A women has been seen standing around the platform after closing time, also there is a story from i guy i interviewed who worked on the upgrade of the subway years ago, of hearing but not seeing horses running past them.
The abandoned Station at Bridgeton cross people have seen figures on the platform dressed as soldiers. And also animals mainly cows. I suppose with the slaughterhouse not far away, that explains that one.
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby gordon » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:40 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but whats this station at Bridgeton Cross? I haven't heard of that before.
Malcolm Tucker is always right.
gordon
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:49 pm

The former Bridgeton Central

http://www.glesga.ukpals.com/Tramsport/ ... ayStns.htm

...scroll down a wee bit :)
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby glasgowken » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:16 pm

Nice site that, although their bus info is a bit duff.
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:51 pm

thanks for that crusty
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:15 am

Happy to help :) Not really familiar wit the site GK, was just the first one Google threw up
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby Sydney Rosewater » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:58 pm

If it's the old bridgeton central you mean, which has now got a ladbrokes in one bit of it, then where the platforms where is now occupied by a cul de sac bit called Kerr Drive.
Sydney Rosewater
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby gordon » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:32 pm

crusty_bint wrote:The former Bridgeton Central

http://www.glesga.ukpals.com/Tramsport/ ... ayStns.htm

...scroll down a wee bit :)

Ah right, gotcha.
Malcolm Tucker is always right.
gordon
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:39 pm

cheers for that doon.
ive been trying to get in for donks, my pal who lives in moodiesburn is on it..hehehehe
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects