UFO sighting

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby JayKay » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:56 pm

From the second picture it could be a couple of these chaps.

*value of posts can go down as well as up.
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vladimir » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:00 pm

''...and then they smash them into little pieces...''. I hope thats not about to happen to us::):
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby ocular » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:08 am

looking at chas's picture I had to post this. I saw a very fast moving aircraft over the clyde yesterday in the renfrew area. the trail it left didn't resemble the usual aircraft trail as it dissapated very quickly and the fact that it appeared to move so quickly I felt it was fairly low but couldn't make out a plane, this made me pick up my camera and take a few shots. it really moved incredibly quickly. when I had a closer look on the computer screen, I felt it looked rather unusual as there is no evident craft I took 6 shots and in a number of the photos there is a small faint light just in front of the trail. the trail it left was short unlike a high altitude aircraft trail. even when they are at high altitude you can usualy make out a plane. not in this case. quite weird. what d'ye think

ocular
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Vladimir » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:49 am

Could it be a jet fighter :? , mind you low flying is their speciality, I learned that whan walking on a hill near Kelso, the thing flew about 20m from my head 8O
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

ufo

Postby chas1937 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:33 am

that was in general direction that I took my pic so maybe were being spied on by prospective members of HG
chas1937
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Alycidon » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:10 am

Sorry to debunk your photographs, but the first one by PGcc93looks suspiciously like a bunch a balloons to me, and there is a perfectly good explanation for the second one by ocular with the "dot" ahead of the vapour trail.
When aircraft fuel burns, there are two main products: water and carbon dioxide. In the exhaust fumes, the water is in the form of a gas, (vapour or steam). While it remains in this form it is invisible. But as the exhaust stream cools, condensation occurs, and the water turns to an aerosol of tiny water droplets, or of ice crystals giving the familiar appearance of the vapour trail. The cooling process can take a few moments before the water droplets or ice crystals become visible, by which time the aircraft has moved forward and the gap appears. The faster the plane the bigger the gap. So I think that this is simply a place moving at high speed.
Alycidon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:12 pm

Alycidon wrote:Sorry to debunk your photographs, but the first one by PGcc93looks suspiciously like a bunch a balloons to me .

What?

Your telling me it's not the Cadbury's Smash Robots.........bugger! ::):

Yeah! I reckon it's balloons also.
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:33 am

Pgcc93 wrote:Yeah! I reckon it's balloons also.

Haha, ya big scardy cat, hiding behind the wall :!: ::):
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby ocular » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:56 am

Alycidon wrote:Sorry to debunk your photographs, but the first one by PGcc93looks suspiciously like a bunch a balloons to me, and there is a perfectly good explanation for the second one by ocular with the "dot" ahead of the vapour trail.
When aircraft fuel burns, there are two main products: water and carbon dioxide. In the exhaust fumes, the water is in the form of a gas, (vapour or steam). While it remains in this form it is invisible. But as the exhaust stream cools, condensation occurs, and the water turns to an aerosol of tiny water droplets, or of ice crystals giving the familiar appearance of the vapour trail. The cooling process can take a few moments before the water droplets or ice crystals become visible, by which time the aircraft has moved forward and the gap appears. The faster the plane the bigger the gap. So I think that this is simply a place moving at high speed.

thanks for the sound advice alycidon regarding the vapour trail formation. it is more than likley an aircraft. at the time it looked unusual and why I grabbed the camera. I don't take a shot of every aircraft that goes by but the speed and appearance of this object was comet like, very fast and no visible craft appeared to cause the trail at the head, so I thought I'd take a shot and examine it later. also the rather blunt form at the head of the trail was unusual. and the short vapour trail, they're usually longer and linger.

here' s a simmillar pic from a ufo site to my photo. a dot and then a gap before the trail formation. I'm not one of these sky watcher nuts incidently :o ::): ...first time I've visited a ufo site.

ocular
Just settling in
Just settling in

Previous

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects