Georgian Teraces (Ibrox)

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Georgian Teraces (Ibrox)

Postby Josef » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:25 pm

Goodness, I'd no idea. Thanks, Viceroy.

The previous-but-one occupant of my flat was, in fact, murdered, but in Govan by his 'best mate' rather than in the flat itself. There's a memorial bench out the back green.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sunflower » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:56 pm

Gosh. Not sure I wanted to know about that. Viceroy's, that is. Well either of them really. Crumbs.
Sunflower
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:37 am

Josef wrote:Both these houses have in fact been renovated at some time in the past, at which point they were split into upper and lower flats.

Yes they were renovated as part of a (section 24 GCC order) during the early 80s and were given a lifespan of another 40 years at least, its about 28 years since that order and a lot of the owners liike myself had to spend £1000's extra after the company that were given the tender turned out to be real cowboys and left loads of work unfinished, the council sacked them and remainder of works were done bit by bit which took many years for the 2 blocks of the terraces to be completed.

Even then the owners of these teraces all had to fork out 10% of the total costs of works which worked in @ about 8 to 10 k per house which was a kick in the teeth for the lack of work that was taken out by the then cowboys, if i went in to detail of the shit they left behind i'd be here for weeks but GCC left all the owners high and dry and would not entertain any further costs towards their wrong doings in not acting when we were all complaining of the qualty of workmanship.

All'n all the teraces still are solid walls if maintained and money spent on them, if i were a developer with the money i'd buy them up in a minute and bring them back to their original specs 8) (no i wouldnt dont tell lies ::): ) maybe if they were in a better and more secure area i would. :)
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby fatweegee » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:29 am

has st. saviours chapel been demolished? my grandparents were married there and both my parents were christened there and they also married there!!!!!
fatweegee
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:13 am

fatweegee wrote:has st. saviours chapel been demolished? my grandparents were married there and both my parents were christened there and they also married there!!!!!

I'm afraid I have to inform you

"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects