WANTED!! Ideas for new projects....

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Pgcc93 » Thu May 27, 2004 9:37 pm

Osiris wrote:I'm an even bigger fan of Iain M Banks but I think some of the places mentioned in those books might be a tad out of reach.
Cheers, J

You'll need Modern Fossils time machine if you want to go there :!:.

I read one of IMB's books a good while ago Remember Phleabas or something like it :?

Not a big Sci-Fi fan myself. Took along time to digest, not that it was badly written though, quite the opposite but just not the genre I'm into.
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby duncan » Thu May 27, 2004 10:42 pm

sciuro wrote:a small group of us visited ruchill at the weekend. managed to find a way into the main (most western) building. some photos are (temporarily) at:

http://mailgate.duncanthomson.com/~dunc ... /20040523/

(ignore the tunnel ones at the beginning and the rat ones at the end...)

your photos are slightly large for happy web browsing, even on a 2Mb leased line connection.

looks like you had an eventful day though! good work at getting into Ruchhill - this might need another HG visit, as we never managed to get into any of the older buildings, just the modern ones (Laundry and the place with the weird graffiti symbols). The old building looks in a pretty bad state, probably because all the roof leading's been stripped off by thieving barstewards. I'm guessing floors were a bit rotten in places?
duncan
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Jon » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:14 pm

Hi

hopefully wont ruffle to many feathers by introducing myself here, stumbled upon hidden Glasgow after viewing actionsquads urban exploration site.

Hailing from the town of Paisley there isn’t much for a non buckfast drinking twenty something to do so making use of a car, digital camera and lots of free time I’d hope I can offer something of a hand!
Jon
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby turbozutek » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:22 pm

Jon; welcome,

What is there over Paisley way on the old abandoned building front ?

I've already done the old Scottish Power building.. There must be more though, hey ?

http://www.uer.ca/locations/show.asp?locid=20351

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:23 pm

Hello Jon, First post in the introductions? :)
Now that’s a rarity :wink:

welcome to HG

The Modern Fossil-
Last edited by Fossil on Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Jon » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:24 pm

I'm sure there is little wrong with the buckie (er maybe not) more the lifestyle that seems to go with it in an otherwise nice environment!
Jon
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Jon » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:27 pm

turbozutek wrote:Jon; welcome,

What is there over Paisley way on the old abandoned building front ?

I've already done the old Scottish Power building.. There must be more though, hey ?

http://www.uer.ca/locations/show.asp?locid=20351

Chris...

I've hardly visited much of Paisley to be honest but I know there are lots of old buildings by the -now unused- docks.

I remember when I was younger my dad pointing out one abandoned building "Paisley glass works" or window works in which ironically not one window remained unsmashed :p
Jon
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby kn0wledge » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:05 pm

dazzababes wrote:Can't stand the stuff myself. Or the lifestyle associated with it.

What's wrong with being a Benedictine monk? h0h0h0...
Eat a ham for Jesus.
kn0wledge
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Caltonboy » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:48 pm

what about the old undergrounds of glasgow , does anyone know anything about them? I remember as a kid going down the old underground disused station at tollcross, it was filled with atmosphere and er- rats! 8O
Caltonboy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby escotregen » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:58 pm

OK maybe I'm going off topic a bit, but the interest in Paisley in this thread reminded me of the Glen Cinema website
http://www.glencinema.org.uk
escotregen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Ice House?

Postby Apathamus » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:35 pm

Back in October Jen mentioned an ice-hole in Pollockshaw,I have only found your site today,so I need to do some catching up.Can anyone let me know anymore about it.I am trying to compile a list of them,after finding one at my house.I have only visited Glasgow for the first time ,earlier this year,had a look at the necropolis but could not get underground! I do a few trips to mines and WW2 sites but am a foreigner (wigan)
Apathamus
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: Ice House?

Postby Fossil » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:50 pm

Apathamus wrote:Back in October Jen mentioned an ice-hole in Pollockshaw,I have only found your site today,so I need to do some catching up.Can anyone let me know anymore about it.I am trying to compile a list of them,after finding one at my house.I have only visited Glasgow for the first time ,earlier this year,had a look at the necropolis but could not get underground! I do a few trips to mines and WW2 sites but am a foreigner (wigan)

The ice hole I think you maybe looking for is in Pollok Park

Fossil
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Apathamus » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:59 am

What is an ice hole? and is it still there,I went in Pollock Park in April ,but did not see it
Apathamus
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Kirsty » Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:58 pm

Anyone know if there is any access to Whiteinch Pool?? My friend was asking as she used to swim in competitions there.

Anyone Anyone Anyone?? :D

kirsty
Kirsty
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby turbozutek » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:00 pm

Kirsty wrote:Anyone know if there is any access to Whiteinch Pool?? My friend was asking as she used to swim in competitions there.

Anyone Anyone Anyone?? :D

kirsty

My god your back!!

Good world tour ??

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects