Churches

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Churches

Postby ninatoo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:22 am

Hi all,

Please move this new thread if there is already a thread that exists solely for churches, but I did search and I was unable to find one.

I have two queries is about churches. The first was known as N.W. Methodist Church and it was on Maryhill Road, apparently between Seymore Street and Northwoodside Road. It was pointed out to me in 1987 but I don't know if it is still there. I would love to have a picture of it since I was baptised there.

The second is Milton Parish Church (and I honestly do not know if it is the OLD Parish Church which burnt down). Was there another in the area just known without the word 'old'? It was a Church of Scotland. I don't know which street it was on or anything else about it, it just crops up in my research a bit.

Nina
ninatoo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Churches

Postby ninatoo » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:57 pm

Shamelessly resurrecting an old thread of mine because I am still interested in the topic, but have no answers. Today I was digging around a bit and came across a place on Methodist Central Halls on Maryhill Road, which used to be a Methodist church, so I am thinking that must be where I was baptised.

Still looking for the Milton Parish Church. My Dad was baptised there in 1941.
ninatoo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby sjclancy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 pm

could this possibly be the Milton church your looking for?
http://www.scottishchurches.org.uk/sites/site/id/5407/name/Milton+Free+Church+%28Now+C+of+S%3F%29+Glasgow+Strathclyde

Unfortunatly they have just started their survey work in the Glasgow area... but the site is full of good info.
sjclancy
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby dimairt » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:34 pm

This is Milton Free Church on Rose St.

Durachdan,

Eddy

dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects