Gala Days/Parades, Fairs and Festivals

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Alex Glass » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:03 pm

::): ::): ::): ::): ::): ::): ::):

Thats the beauty of HG Neil. I was going to do one of Peat Road without the snow ::): ::): ::):

I lived in 11 Whitacre Road which was on the path. The gala photo was taken from my veranda in the first floor. So you would need a large pair of stepladders to take the same photo now.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby neilmc » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:19 pm

The snow photo is looking up Peat Road to the chapel and Peat Road Motors (as was); you can just make out the chapel roof and cross - wait a minute, that's a different thread!

My sister's first house when she got married was at 25 Whitacres Road (late 70s into the early 80s); I'll have to ask her if she remembers any gala parades from that time.

So you lived in the "gas hooses" Alex? You must have had connections on the cooncil..... :wink:
neilmc
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:32 pm

No Neil not the gas houses :o

They were opposite No 11 and on the otherside as can be seen in the photo. e were in the old damp houses until the Council rewired the houses and then put in white meter storrage heaters.

To keep on topic the gala had its best times in the late 80's early 90's I think. But we only move to there in 1986 so I don't really know what happened before then. Maybe your sister will be able to tell me different.

So your sister was the one with the best Council connections :?
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects