Taggart-Location images from the show

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Taggart-Location images from the show

Postby The_Clincher » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:34 pm

Taggart- a revelation for all of us watching our screens enjoying seeing various locales where we have all worked/lived/played in our lives, with the cry of "i know where that is....look! look!" ringing in our ears from friends & family etc as we watched in anticipation.

More than a decent watch of a show, very well produced etc....although for a time before i moved to the West End myself, i was feart that everyone there was a crazy killer from Dudley Drive or Kensington Gate or various places in G12. ::):

Knowing that is not the case and having enjoyed several episodes and years of Taggart, i put forward the challenge simply-let's see images of locations preferably from still of the show so we can enjoy and debate those places as only we know how. I'm sure you are all ready & willing.

(ps....did you know that Brian Connolly of "The Sweet" was half brother of Mark McManus?)

Anyway....to get the ball rolling, i'll post a couple of pics of Mark McManus outside the Sheriff Court with the Carrick in the background. ;)

The_Clincher
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby james73 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:25 pm

(ps....did you know that Brian Connolly of "The Sweet" was half brother of Mark McManus?)

Yes.

James H
He's over there...
james73
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Word » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:36 pm

I see the green lead dome of the 'Granite House' in those pictures. I used to get my claes out of there.
'Hark the Herald Angels Sing'
My Word
First Stripe
First Stripe

Re: Taggart-Location images from the show

Postby Josef » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:45 pm

The_Clincher wrote:Image

Alex Ferguson hasn't changed much, at least.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The_Clincher » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:56 pm

Get yer pics up, people....don't be shy :D
The_Clincher
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Word » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:04 pm

Taggart?

I remember having my tea break at work in Australiaaaa and Aussie cnuts asking me to repeat "We're treating this as a case of murrderr" - just because they had watched Taggart the night before on the local TV channel.

So where do ye get the screenshots ?
My Word
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:14 pm

The_Clincher wrote:(ps....did you know that Brian Connolly of "The Sweet" was half brother of Mark McManus?)

Aye so he claimed....

"Brian Connolly 1945-1997 Also known as Brian McManus, British singer

Connolly was born to an unmarried woman and remained in hospital care until he was two, when he was fostered by the McManus family, who already had three born-to children. His foster brother was named Mark, and there was also a cousin named Mark McManus - who grew up to become the actor who played Taggart in the British television detective series.

In the 1970s Connolly was a singer with the rock group Sweet. In adulthood he cut himself off from his foster family and claimed that he was in fact the half-brother of the actor."
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The_Clincher » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:14 pm

My Word wrote:Taggart?

I remember having my tea break at work in Australiaaaa and Aussie cnuts asking me to repeat "We're treating this as a case of murrderr" - just because they had watched Taggart the night before on the local TV channel.

So where do ye get the screenshots ?

From DVD's that you may have in your posession....usually given away free with local newspapers , or folk here with good memories :D
The_Clincher
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Word » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:34 pm

I'd mibbee have kept the early ones wi' MM but no the idiotic ones where the murderer [usually an interllectual uni prefessor] used a spider to kill the burd beside a canal or the Kelvin.

Background scenery was - and still is - everything to the producers of Taggart. Easterhoose, Drumchapel and Pollok [just a sampling but where many of the actual real life murders - without exotic snakes and the like take place] have little chance of featuring on a glossed up version of Glezga' scenery.
My Word
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Josef » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:20 am

My Word wrote:Taggart?

In London, it was always 'Thurrs been a murrderr' that they would ask you to repeat.

I once had to phone an American Airlines call centre in Texas, and the woman I was talking to asked me to say this too. She was so charming that I actually agreed to :) .
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Cyclo2000 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:28 am

Havnae got a pic of it but I remember they used the offices of 999 design in Trinity House in Lyndoch street as someones Pied a Terre.
Alter Aterius Auxilio Veget
Cyclo2000
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby the researcher » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:07 pm

Mark Mcmanus opened the six screen odeon multiplex in dundee in 1992 he arrived in a police car which had its blues and twos on and stepped out of it with his two side kicks and said to the crowd hello dundee lets go to the pictures
THE FLYING SCOT MADE BY RATTRAYS IN GLASGOW THE BEST BICYCLE EVER MADE
the researcher
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby RDR » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:59 pm

I'll try and find the pictures, but in the early 90's, STV used a disused operating theatre in the older part (the blocks that front onto Castle Street), at Glasgow Royal Infirmary, for an episode, when I worked there.
From memory they actually used the theatre as a mock ITU. They also used some of the older passageways under the GRI for some shots. I'm sure the episode was about a murderous anaesthetist who introduced lethal doses into the anaesthetics.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby WeeGee » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:32 am

I was in an episode of Taggart once!! Not that you would notice me :) I was just one of the kids standing in a big crowd watching a youth club burn down!! They filmed it up in Drumchapel and it was round about 89/90 i think :-S I am sure it was Peter Mullan who ran out of the building shouting (sweary words :)) but cant be sure as it was a long time ago and I was only about 12/13!!! Anyone remember this episode at all?? (sorry dont have more details as I say it was a long time ago) I would love to watch it again just to catch a glimpse of myself ;-D ::):
It's not how it looks....honest
WeeGee
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby WeeGee » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:50 pm

after a bit of an investigation online i found out the episode was called Dead Giveaway - oh and no sign of Peter Mullan in the cast lineup :) (all these years I was sure it was him!! haha) :? and the year was 1988 :D so i was only 11, younger than i thought too!!!!
It's not how it looks....honest
WeeGee
First Stripe
First Stripe

Next

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects