Police Boxes

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby red_kola » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:39 pm

nodrog wrote:If anyone's interested, the council passed the planning application today to convert the Cathedral St police box into a coffee kiosk called 'Coppuccino'...

...and I am slightly cross that they entirely misrepresented my objections in the report!

G.

You objected to the colour???
Destroy All Monsters
red_kola
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nodrog » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:43 pm

No I didnt - thats rather the point of why I am miffed!
"I'd just move on to the 'hot-air ballooning vigilante' stage of my career earlier than planned"

www.scottishcinemas.org.uk
www.twitter.com/scottishcinemas
nodrog
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby duncan » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:20 pm

I didn't read the PDF - it nearly crashed the browser. What was your objections, and are we surprised that the GCC would misrepresent any objections to something they're obviously in approval of?

Terrible name though, I'm sure they could have come up with a better pun than that. It seems to be some kind of trend for sandwich shops to have terrible puns for their names (this could be a whole other thread). One I noticed today was "Gone to pieces" (think about it)
duncan
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nodrog » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:06 pm

Very bad name.

My main objection was the Coppuchino signs - I just wanted them to be removable and only displayed when the box was open for business, so when it was shut it looked like it did now with no crappy advertising.

I did also query if the box would be the traditional Glasgow red or the traditional London blue, but didnt express a preference either way....

Interestingly, the GCC pdfs always crash my browser as well - it's a conspiracy I tell you!
"I'd just move on to the 'hot-air ballooning vigilante' stage of my career earlier than planned"

nodrog
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby PlasticDel » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:58 pm

nodrog wrote:
My main objection was the Coppuchino signs - I just wanted them to be removable and only displayed when the box was open for business, so when it was shut it looked like it did now with no crappy advertising.

I did also query if the box would be the traditional Glasgow red or the traditional London blue, but didnt express a preference either way....

That sucks man! The point about the signs, I think, is totally reasonable! How hard can it be to take a sign down every night and put it up every morning. :x :?:

Compromise a little and allow some sorta branding, so people who pass out of hours know it'll be there.

The colour thing is a really good question. Didn't the planning app specify the colour? Is shoulda.

Del.
PlasticDel
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nodrog » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:04 pm

PlasticDel wrote:
That sucks man! The point about the signs, I think, is totally reasonable! How hard can it be to take a sign down every night and put it up every morning. :x :?:

Compromise a little and allow some sorta branding, so people who pass out of hours know it'll be there.

The colour thing is a really good question. Didn't the planning app specify the colour? Is shoulda.

Del.

Yes, I thought making the signs removeable was a decent compromise, and that was the main point i was trying to make - the point that was entirely missing in the report on what i had allegedly said!

No, it didnt specify the colour - hence my asking about it! Yet the report translated that into my objecting about the colour!

It makes you wonder quite how badly they represent the objections in other more important applications...

nodrog
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby turbozutek » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:09 pm

It seems clear to me how to fix the sign problem.

Wait till they are up - and then go break them.

Soon as you like they will be 'vandal proof' retractable types.

Job Done.

Chris...

/Actually try that at your own risk.
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby PlasticDel » Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:01 am

Not a bad idea at all!

Councils usually suck at everything. I base that statement on my council sucking at everything it has ever sucked! It blows too!
PlasticDel
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby duncan » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:42 pm

duncan
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby JayKay » Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:05 pm

Should this thread now be moved to the coffee lounge forum then? :wink:
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nodrog » Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:09 pm

Here's the Byres Road box in its new role as a coffee kiosk...

(amusingly when I passed yesterday the 'Coppuchino' signs were already missing in action.... :) )

Gordon

nodrog
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby duncan » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:42 am

looks totally shite, especially in comparison to the relatively spacious ones in Edinburgh.
duncan
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby turbozutek » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:17 pm

duncan wrote:looks totally shite, especially in comparison to the relatively spacious ones in Edinburgh.

Just exactly what I was thinking....

Further - who wants to buy coffee (Or any other food product for that matter) which has been prepared in a cubicle 4*3.5m big that by night jakies piss on ?

Not I, thanks!

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby ColonelCrow » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:14 am

Hey...I've just come back to the site after being on the shetland islands for ages...cheers guys for giving me muchos information about TARDIS's in Glasgow!!! 8)
Like Sherlock Holmes, except younger and with better sideburns.
ColonelCrow
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby YokerBloke » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:20 pm

turbozutek wrote:
duncan wrote:looks totally shite, especially in comparison to the relatively spacious ones in Edinburgh.

Just exactly what I was thinking....

Further - who wants to buy coffee (Or any other food product for that matter) which has been prepared in a cubicle 4*3.5m big that by night jakies piss on ?

Not I, thanks!
Chris...
May actually make the coffe taste a bit better!
I have my doubts about these 'kiosks' too!!!
YokerBloke
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects