Name that bridge.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby McShad » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:40 pm

I'll be able to leave work at 20 past and still be in plenty of time for a half past start
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby skintobalinto » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:20 pm

There is going to be another pedestrian bridge down from the road bridge

http://www.glasgowbridge.com/
Where the music stinks, and they water the drinks, ...at the nudie bar
skintobalinto
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Simba » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:00 pm

I'm dead stupid I think. I was down at Pacific Quay area or whatever they call it these days about a month ago and I don't remember seeing any new bridge at all. I bet I could see it and just didn't realise it was the new one. :roll:
Simba
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby viceroy » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:47 pm

skintobalinto wrote:There is going to be another pedestrian bridge down from the road bridge

Actually, seeing this the thought has just struck me - is it not this bridge [to be built between Tradeston and the Broomielaw] which is being referred to as the Squinty Bridge rather than the one I posted the pictures of [which I think is just called the Finnieston Bridge]? There are that many bridges on the go now that I am losing track.
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby skintobalinto » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:02 pm

The squinty bridge is the Finnieston Bridge, The one further down is provisionally called The Glasgow Bridge - the name has still to be decided
skintobalinto
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby viceroy » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:10 pm

Thanks. So I wasn't wrong after all.
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:34 am

No Viceroy... you wre wrong :S The bridge between the broomoielaw and Tradeston is known as Neptunes Way (permamanent name to be decided) with the one u/c at Finnieston and Pacific Quay being known as the "Squinty Bridge" because of the angle it crosses the clyde.
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby Targer » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:59 am

Call it the West Street Bridge that way we will all know where it is.At the rate the Glasgow council etc works it will be a few years before we have to name it anyway.
Targer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby skintobalinto » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:51 am

crusty_bint wrote:No Viceroy... you wre wrong :S The bridge between the broomoielaw and Tradeston is known as Neptunes Way (permamanent name to be decided) .

True, It was called Neptunes Way in the original design submission to GCC, but I am pretty sure it is now called The Glasgow Bridge until a name is found.
skintobalinto
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby viceroy » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:07 pm

crusty_bint wrote:No Viceroy... you wre wrong :S The bridge between the broomoielaw and Tradeston is known as Neptunes Way (permamanent name to be decided) with the one u/c at Finnieston and Pacific Quay being known as the "Squinty Bridge" because of the angle it crosses the clyde.

Without wishing to make an issue of it, I would point out that when I posted the pics of the Finnieston / Pacific Quay Bridge I referred to it as the "Squinty Bridge" so it seems I was right in the first instance. It was Skintobalinto's picture of Neptunes Way or The Glasgow Bridge, or whatever it ends up being called, that subsequently sowed some doubt in my mind.

Anyway, I think we both agree that the more bridges across the Clyde the greater the benefit for the City and its inhabitants, particularly now that the river has lost its function as a channel for commercial shipping.
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Simba » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:18 pm

Is it just me that thinks the squinty bridge is too squinty? It'll take you far too long to walk round!
Simba
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:56 pm

...does anyone have a brick wall I can hit my head against?

Viceroy, thats cool, Im not trying to make an issue of it either, jus trying to help clear the names up for you :)

Simba... bless you.

Crusty :D
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby Simba » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:34 pm

Well it will take much longer for poor wee lion cubs like me than adults ;)
Simba
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re:

Postby Guacho » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:32 pm

crusty_bint wrote:No Viceroy... you wre wrong :S The bridge between the broomoielaw and Tradeston is known as Neptunes Way (permamanent name to be decided) with the one u/c at Finnieston and Pacific Quay being known as the "Squinty Bridge" because of the angle it crosses the clyde.

Is that the official name Crusty?

Squiggly Bridge Glasgow by guachglw, on Flickr
Guacho
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects