Mugdock Gunsite

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Mugdock Gunsite

Postby DVF » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:58 pm

Took a drive up to Mugdock the other day, had a look at the gunsite.

It's all been fenced off with no entry signs (not that they stopped us, ahem). The signs said it is being restored or excavated or something. All the grass has been removed from the majority of the site and they have mapped out with rubble the original layout. Some of the drains have been cleared and the main building is totally cleaned out. There was no-one there when we went but if they're doing all this work they may put up a board or something with the history of the place on it. May be worth a look again in a few months.
DVF
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Reverend Scapegoat » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:05 pm

Again, my Airsofty shenanigans can be of assistance here!
I called the park's manager a few weeks back re: hiring the site and he told me that it's about to be renovated into a "working ruin".
They're restoring it to enable people to visit it and see it as it was when in use, so I would imagine it'll be pretty damn cool when it's finished!

( And we might even still be able to lease it. Woo! Yay! )
Reverend Scapegoat
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Another gunsite at Langbank

Postby Rossco » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:05 pm

There's also another gunsite just up the hill from Langbank...

If you take Station Road up out of the back of the village and then turn right, after a few hundred yards you'll see a couple of big masts and in the field just beyond you'll find a pretty cool set of gun mounts and even supporting buildings.

The council have decided that rather than demolish most of the support buildings they'd pile earth up against the walls to stop you getting in... tell that to my very dirty and smelly dog who decided that no pile of earth would stop her exploring!
Rossco
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby spincycle » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:53 pm

It seems a while since anyone posted in this thread but it seems like the right place for it. I was up at the gun emplacements on 27/12/05. They are easy enough to get into especially if you use the locked gate as a ladder :wink:

Click for bigger:

Bunker on the Hill

The Gun Emplacements

spincycle
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby DickyHart » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:52 pm

great stuff, glad too see them
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects