More Photos added: 28/03/02

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

More Photos added: 28/03/02

Postby Sharon » Thu Mar 28, 2002 8:48 pm

There have been more photos and text added

http://www.hiddenglasgow.org/granary

Sharon
Last edited by Sharon on Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

RE: New Photos added

Postby PGCC » Sat May 25, 2002 7:50 pm

Great to see the latest snaps on the site. I see you managed to get in and have a look round for yourselves :D,are you going to do an article of your trip for the site??. What stood out the most for me on my own trips @ the new year was the heavy musty smell that hung in the air inside the 2 newer buildings & apart from a covering of dust on the plant eqipment, how bright and generally clean the place had been kept considering the amount of dust that would be created even with the best dust extraction machines would still miss quite a bit. Pity the oldest part of the granary would have been out of bounds due to the work in progress as it was the sacriest part of my trips due to the open shafts etc. on the floor that went all the way down to the quayside or negotiating a path to the old scissor gate lift that was @ the top of the most eastern building where the thankfully salvaged sign (CNT 1937) used to be. got a pic of it for posterity!. Did you do the roof & the control tower? I was amazed that the control tower part turned out to be a 3 storey building on top of the roof!!.
-Graeme- PGCC
PGCC
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby downward_spiral » Sun May 26, 2002 12:59 am

We got a good look around the 60's building, but unfortunatley the demolition crew managed to knock down a streetlight, cutting our trip a bit short.

The two things which stood out in particular to me were both the incredible amount of light, and the strange peacefulness about the place. There is absolutely no noise whatsoever besides the occasional whirr of pigeons.

I would love to get into the newest building, especially the control tower. Fingers crossed another trip gets sorted out soon :-)

Btw.. hope Sharon doesn't mind me plugging my site here :wink:. I uploaded a load of pics there if you fancy a look.
downward_spiral
First Stripe
First Stripe

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects