denistoun private police force

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: denistoun private police force

Postby paladin » Sat May 28, 2005 6:29 pm

caine wrote:
I heard on the radio this morning that the denistoun area of glasgow has formed a tennants association and raised an annual sum of £15,000 per annum to employ two extra police on a part-time basis to do extra patrols and try and reduce the local crime rates!

Surely this just pushes the problem elsewhere :?:
paladin
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby escotregen » Sun May 29, 2005 4:27 pm

Paladin I think your onto something with your theory that the police make crime worse to keep themselves in a job... after all it works for the USA and British security services. First they fabricated the whole 'Red Menace' in the fifties/sixties and that lead onto a wonderous long running bonanza of money and prestige being pushed their way. Then when that ran out they exploited the tragedy of the Twin Towers and they fabricated the fantasy omnipotent all-powerfull world-wide threat that is Al Quada... Hey presto it's working again for them! :)

Meantime back on the home community front:

"Employing more police officers and putting them on the streets with an aggresive and 'can do' attitude will do far more to lower crime levels, solve same and commit offenders to the courts than employing liberal social workers who have no real desire to see the problem go away as it would naturally curtail their numbers and career opportunities."

Rather strengthens my point about easy populist rhetoric rather than facing up to the realities of why things happen.
escotregen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Captain Brittles » Sun May 29, 2005 5:18 pm

post removed
Last edited by Captain Brittles on Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Brittles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Apollo » Sun May 29, 2005 5:27 pm

Problem is, who exactly is it that should face up to why things really happen in the community.

When I was signing-on to claim unemployment benefit many years ago, I had the pleasure of sitting amongst all the other claimants. As a result, I had my education finished. Far from being the poor neglected souls they would portray themselves as, most of them were milking the system by whatever scam they could. I forget most of what I heard, but family illness was highly prized. For example, if a relative was classed as incontinent, they would claim the mattress was soiled and ruined weekly, and get a new one, which they'd then sell. The council apparently never counted or checked.

Yet, a few years later, I recall an investigator went undercover, compiled a report of the same, and promtly got slated for using sneak tactics to get the information, which was never acted on, although I think she lost her job, and the report was binned, and the scams continued, and working taxpayers still pay for them.

Police on the ground only do what they're told, and that's now governed by the need to meet targets set for them by their masters. So if your affected by a crime that's on the target list, you're in luck, if not, well, this is beginning to sound like the NHS treatment lottery.
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby paladin » Sun May 29, 2005 5:46 pm

Apollo wrote: who exactly is it that should face up to why things really happen in the community.

Didn't actually have a question mark on the end of it, so I 'googled' it, the reply or one of them was http://www.labour.org.uk/news/tbqanda05

it didn't mention Dennistoun specifically, but then most politicians generalise.
paladin
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun May 29, 2005 6:45 pm

et, a few years later, I recall an investigator went undercover, compiled a report of the same, and promtly got slated for using sneak tactics to get the information, which was never acted on, although I think she lost her job, and the report was binned, and the scams continued, and working taxpayers still pay for them.

Obviously many year since you signed on. Possibly the years during which the DHSS conned many claimants out of money they were due by not informing them that they could claim for that disability. The yeers when the Yellow policy book over ruled the legislation unless you took the DHSS to an appeal. The years when millions went unclaimed because the claimants as well as the Tory bastards who called them scroungers thought they were accepting handouts.

Now given the they do not receive grants these days what scams are taxpayers still paying for.
Perhps Tax dodging landlords or the biggest welfare scroungers of them all, your employers who need grants to relocate to/in Glasgow.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Apollo » Sun May 29, 2005 8:16 pm

Always pays to think before typing, you may be talking to an employer.

The country is full of police officers who don't beat up people, landolords that don't do B&B lets and fiddle the books, and employers who are just trying to run a small business to keep a few folk, and themselves, off unemployment.

Sadly, none of them are particularly newsworthy, so the media pushes every story it has about the crooked ones, and distorts the overall picture.

I've known too many decent, ordinary people that can't get any money for grants, allowances or the like to help them care for ailing members of their families because they are honest. Yet I can walk along the road into the heart of the east end and meet strangers who ae only too happy to boast about how they lie about their circumstances to cream in cash they're not entitled to.

They made me sick years ago, they still make me sick today.
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun May 29, 2005 8:58 pm

Apollo wrote:Always pays to think before typing, you may be talking to an employer.

They made me sick years ago, they still make me sick today.

I'm sorry how much are you paying me before I type my next response?

So exactly what scams are being worked these days since the DHSS stopped handing out money on a weekly basis for wet beds according to your good self.

And Grants, allowances and anything like them stoppped under the Thatcher government, but feel free to continue to have a go against people who have to claim a state benefit.

What's your views on disability benefit, motability, the Blue Badge scheme, and the like?

Sadly, none of them are particularly newsworthy, so the media pushes every story it has about the crooked ones, and distorts the overall picture.

What are we talking about here, the majority of benefit claimers? It fits just as easily.
You do realise of course the same applies for the majority of those still dependent
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Apollo » Sun May 29, 2005 9:27 pm

You're missing the point, as with those who stop discussions on illegal asylum seekers by stating there is no such thing. What do they suggest we call someone who stand up and says "I seek asylum" when they're not in any danger.

I'm having a kick at the rubbish systems here, and trying to speak out for the poor sods who can't get anything out of it because they're they're painfully honest.

Is there no one left today that has a good job, and is claiming allownaces they have no right to because they haven't disclosed that.

Or is that OK, because they are seen as heroes "beating the system"?

Heck, I've forgot the question anyway now, weren't we on police?

Anyway, real reason I dropped in many posts ago was to put the Captain's mind at rest, police Mercedes are pretty gutless on the whole, and with todays's build quality imposed by the last management team, they're likely to break down if pushed at all hard.

Far more worrying if one of these bursts into life and you're being naughty nearby. You really should just pull over and save the petrol ::):

Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby paladin » Mon May 30, 2005 12:21 am

Apollo wrote:
Heck, I've forgot the question anyway now, weren't we on police?

Anyway, real reason I dropped in many posts ago was to put the Captain's mind at rest, police Mercedes are pretty gutless on the whole, and with todays's build quality imposed by the last management team, they're likely to break down if pushed at all hard.

That look's like an olde Police Mercedes you posted there Apollo. 8O
paladin
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Apollo » Mon May 30, 2005 12:44 am

Sorry Paladin, if your avatar's more than 5 years old or brand new, you missed the years when Merc's top brass were dry cleaning their brains for some reason. Ok, they were penny pinching and got carried away, but they're all better now.

Check the reg's. I know the X plate was an EVO VI demo prepared for the police by Mitsubishi. I can only guess the Y plate was another given the number.

(Sorry, I've stopped, it was at least police related :oops: ).
Last edited by Apollo on Mon May 30, 2005 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby turbozutek » Mon May 30, 2005 12:51 am

Apollo wrote:

(Sorry, I've stopped, it was at least police related :oops: ).

Now they would own a Merc any day.

/Boostin'!

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby paladin » Mon May 30, 2005 12:56 am

I think Dennistoun has always been a nice area. It has only changed since the NIMBYs moved in.
paladin
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby turbozutek » Mon May 30, 2005 12:58 am

paladin wrote:I think Dennistoun has always been a nice area. It has only changed since the NIMBYs moved in.

I'll tell Mr and Mrs NIMBY you said that, shall I ?

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby paladin » Mon May 30, 2005 5:21 am

Apollo wrote:Problem is, who exactly is it that should face up to why things really happen in the community.

http://www.liv.ac.uk/sspsw/conference/Theme3.htm

be reassured Apollo, there are others looking for the answer.

:)
paladin
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects