Famous/Infamous people in Glasgow

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby james » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:58 am

I'm no conspircy theorist , nor tree hugger , not even a vegetarian , but i know a set up when i see one.
Im unsure where your going with horoscopes and moon charts , iv'e only dealt in facts.
Hess expected to land at the Dukes airstrip , those lights were switched off and lights near where he crashed/parachuted were on .. one way ticket to spandau
james
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby james » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:04 am

Wow , sorry Al , i just re read your post , if the barracks are that close iv'e certainly seen the building without knowing what it was.
Its part of the usual walk along the canal with what passes for a dog , he came with the house , he and i know both he's a wolf so i let it go at that , not always a bad idea when your 5 minutes from the city centre but in countryside too .. balmore road thing..... geez .. i can picture the exact bit of road... opposite mcdonalds is shopping centre... further down is a housing dept . on the corner there is a very old derilict building , much to grand to be a barracks ?
james
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Infamous People

Postby Alastair » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:16 am

Hi James,
The Maryhill Barracks guardhouse is the building in grey/black sandstone just inside the barracks wall. There's a pedestrian entrance to the housing estate known as (funnily enough) 'The Barracks', immediately opposite the police office. Go in the entrance and the building on your left is the former guardhouse.
The Hess theories have been done to death....the latest being a documentary on the History Channel called 'The Man Who Died Twice'. It's worth a look just to see how far the conspiracy theorists will go. They even had him dying the same air crash that killed the Duke of Kent during WW2. :?
Alastair
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby james » Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:24 am

yeah ... but it's nice to know history is so close at hand...if as someone said we only look twice.
I kinda fell sorry for they guy as you can see , i reckon he was the fall guy and wanted only to make peace... what a muppet ... totally
james
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Fossil » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:14 pm

james wrote:..........i reckon he was the fall guy and wanted only to make peace... what a muppet ... totally

......I don’t think there’s anything wrong in trying for peace, at anytime. no matter how far fetched it maybe......
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Fossil » Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:25 pm

Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby putty shankleton » Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:12 am

Glen Michael is actually Austrailan who lost his accent and aquired a Glaswegian accent.

He also voiced Palladin.
putty shankleton
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Ronnie » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:03 pm

The Modern Fossil wrote:
james wrote:..........i reckon he was the fall guy and wanted only to make peace... what a muppet ... totally

......I don’t think there’s anything wrong in trying for peace, at anytime. no matter how far fetched it maybe......

Well said, the Foss Man.
upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
Ronnie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects