KRAZY HOUSE

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: KRAZY HOUSE

Postby Tamo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:02 pm

Remember the Krazy House well, as it was one of the very few place in Glasgow of that era which sold BIG sizes of gents' clothes.
(I don't mean your piddling 42 inch waist stuff, but serious big boy's gear.) It sold normal sizes as well of course, but if you wanted the outsize stuff you had to go downstairs - out of sight of the Go-Go Girls unfortunately.
When Krazy House closed, another outsize shop opened just round the corner, more or less. I believe the new shop was owned/run by staff from Krazy House, but I didn't think the quality was as good.
Tamo
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby jimmyr » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:54 pm

Just a wee note to say that some of the stuff from the Krazy House displays has survived seemingly. I'm a member of the Glasgow Vintage Vehicle Trust (GVVT) and have been advised that a guy has asked for space to set some of the display up in our exhibition area during our Open Day this Sunday 13 October. I've no idea exactly what is on offer though I was told a laughing clown might be part of it, but please don't hold me to it! I will try to get pix and post them on here if that's ok otherwise people can come and see for themselves.
jimmyr
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Big Gus » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:12 am

i will always remember the crazy laughing clown at the door
Big Gus
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby billy b » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:44 pm

hi thanks for letting me join this. just to let people no that I have recently got things that came from the krazy house ie fairground rides.organs .and a wee guy in a case that drinks and smokes
billy b
Just settling in
Just settling in

Previous

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects