The Pipe Factory App - Collaborative Opportunity!

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

The Pipe Factory App - Collaborative Opportunity!

Postby susannahstark » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:54 pm

I am a freelance artist based at The Pipe Factory studios in Glasgow's East End. We are currently putting together a programme for Glasgow International Festival of Visual Art which takes place in April 2014. I am looking for someone with experience in mobile App Development/Software Development who would be interested in a collaborative project investigating a unique piece of Glasgow's industrial heritage. Very little information/architectural planning exists for this building and the project is aimed at bringing together a history that is still being written in an interesting and interactive way, exploring its hidden spaces and the stories that surround its previous use. Funding for this project is currently pending, but is likely given that this would be a community resource, and I hope to pay anyone wishing to get involved with the technical side of things, depending on experience.
The project is aimed at developing an app based on the history of the building, which was once a working clay pipe factory producing 14,000 clay pipes a day at one point. The app will enable guests to browse historical documents and photographs linked to the building, engage in a virtual tour that is compromised from images I have been developing in and around the space, and locate pipes on a world map that shows the extent of their distribution. I am fairly confident in the design aspect but need some technical help. This is a freelance position and would probably require a day or two a week to meet and work on the project, getting slightly busier towards april. Days and times of meeting are flexible and could be something to do for extra cash in your spare time. All participators will be included in the credits and invited to the preview events. It will be an exciting experience! If you are interested please contact me via the Hidden Glasgow Forums or by email ([email protected])
susannahstark
Just settling in
Just settling in

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects