Southern General Hospital & Redevelopment

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Southern General Redevlopment

Postby The Egg Man » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:30 pm

banjo wrote:no truth in A & E at golden jubilee.the local snp/msp gil paterson did carry out a recent survey among residents as to their views on this very subject though.


Aren't there already some A&E cardiac emergencies being shipped directly to the Golden Jubilee?
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2702
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Re: Southern General Redevlopment

Postby Josef » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:44 pm

The Egg Man wrote:
banjo wrote:no truth in A & E at golden jubilee.the local snp/msp gil paterson did carry out a recent survey among residents as to their views on this very subject though.


Aren't there already some A&E cardiac emergencies being shipped directly to the Golden Jubilee?


Yes, and have been for some time, but that scarcely constitutes an A&E.
User avatar
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8145
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:43 pm

Re: Southern General Redevlopment

Postby Guacho » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:47 pm

The Jube takes very specific cardiac emergencies directly by ambulance. There will be a nurse-led minor injuries unit at Gartnavel General which will deal with broken limbs and similar inuries.
User avatar
Guacho
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:22 pm
Location: Scotstoun

Re: Southern General Redevlopment

Postby Guacho » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:57 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:Is there an artist's impression with a hole where the Clock Tower building is now?

Is there a scrap of evidence that the NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde intend to demolish the Clock Tower?


Oh for goodness sake, there's no point in repeating rumours if they're public knowledge. The whole point is to raise awareness now before that happens
User avatar
Guacho
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:22 pm
Location: Scotstoun

Re: Southern General Redevlopment

Postby The Egg Man » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:37 pm

Josef wrote:
The Egg Man wrote:
banjo wrote:no truth in A & E at golden jubilee.the local snp/msp gil paterson did carry out a recent survey among residents as to their views on this very subject though.


Aren't there already some A&E cardiac emergencies being shipped directly to the Golden Jubilee?


Yes, and have been for some time, but that scarcely constitutes an A&E.


No, but it takes pressure off WIG and GRI.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2702
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Re: Southern General Redevlopment

Postby RDR » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:38 am

The Egg Man wrote:
Josef wrote:
The Egg Man wrote:
banjo wrote:no truth in A & E at golden jubilee.the local snp/msp gil paterson did carry out a recent survey among residents as to their views on this very subject though.


Aren't there already some A&E cardiac emergencies being shipped directly to the Golden Jubilee?


Yes, and have been for some time, but that scarcely constitutes an A&E.


No, but it takes pressure off WIG and GRI.


Not always. If you phone an ambulance and meet the very specific criteria for going to GJNH then you go direct otherwise to your nearest A&E and then if required a transfer.
That doesn't legislate for others who make their own way to A&E and then need to be transferred to the GJNH.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1641
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:58 pm
Location: Lanarkshire

Re: Southern General Redevlopment

Postby The Egg Man » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:45 am

Agreed but if you do meet the criteria, you'll go straight to Clydebank.

I might be wrong but I can't imagine anyone thought in need of an emergency angioplasty being able to make their own way to WIG.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2702
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Re: Southern General Redevlopment

Postby Guacho » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:17 pm

The Egg Man wrote:I might be wrong but I can't imagine anyone thought in need of an emergency angioplasty being able to make their own way to WIG.


You'd be surprised how many do
User avatar
Guacho
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:22 pm
Location: Scotstoun

Re: Southern General Redevlopment

Postby RDR » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:27 am

Not a big fan of the Daily Record, but interesting article, if accurate of the backlog cost for maintenance of hospitals in Scotland http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott ... ls-3147544

That cost being pretty close to what it is costing to build just one new hospital in south Glasgow.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1641
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:58 pm
Location: Lanarkshire

Re: Southern General Redevlopment

Postby RDR » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:33 am

The Egg Man wrote:Agreed but if you do meet the criteria, you'll go straight to Clydebank.

I might be wrong but I can't imagine anyone thought in need of an emergency angioplasty being able to make their own way to WIG.


As Guacho states a significant number do (me being one!) as a lot of the public in Glasgow do not know or understand the gold standard treatment for a MI (or heart attack) or Acute Coronary syndrome as they like to call it now is an Angioplasty if suitable.
They might not know that they are only done at the GJNH (or Hairmyers if a Lanarkshire patient) so there is a public education issue.
That doesn't take into account the chest stabbings that fetch up at GRI/VI/WIG/SGH who might require the attention of the Cardiothoracic chaps at GJNH who will require transfer as well. A not uncommon occurrence in Glasgow of a weekend!
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1641
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:58 pm
Location: Lanarkshire

Re: Southern General Redevlopment

Postby RDR » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:40 am

Just to go back to Dex's current obsession with the clock tower, this from the NHSGGC internet site http://www.nhsggc.org.uk/content/default.asp?page=s1460 clearly states it is listed and in my research of the last few days nothing offical contradicts that.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1641
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:58 pm
Location: Lanarkshire

Re: Southern General Redevlopment

Postby RDR » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:16 am

Some good pictures of the clock tower and information on the architect here: http://www.scotcities.com/cathcart/govan.htm
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1641
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:58 pm
Location: Lanarkshire

Re: Southern General Redevlopment

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:59 pm

I don't want to be starting rumours but would facade retention be allowed as the only way to keep a listed building?
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
User avatar
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 6252
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:54 pm

Re: Southern General Redevlopment

Postby RDR » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:I don't want to be starting rumours but would facade retention be allowed as the only way to keep a listed building?


Before they got the go ahead for the office block, the block with the clock tower and the wards contained within, was going to be converted (or used since they didn't want to spend the money) to offices.
I don't quite know what they will use it for now but I can't see them going to the expense of retaining a façade when they wouldn't spend money on it to convert it to offices.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1641
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:58 pm
Location: Lanarkshire

Re: Southern General Redevlopment

Postby RDR » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:25 am

Update on access works from the NHS GGC website:

Plans are in place for essential works to commence (February 17th) to widen the road at the Hardgate Road entrance to the Southern General site and increase the number of parking spaces in the area behind the maternity building.

These works are expected to take approximately six weeks period but when complete will have improved access to the site from Hardgate Road and offer additional car parking spaces.

David Loudon, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Project Director, said: “This work when complete will make a notable difference to accessing the site from Hardgate Road and will provide an additional twenty parking spaces for patients and their visiting relatives.

“Whilst this work is ongoing there may be some disruption for traffic trying to enter the site but we have made every effort from the outset to minimise disruption to patients, visitors and staff, and hope that no-one will be too inconvienced by this essential work.”
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1641
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:58 pm
Location: Lanarkshire

PreviousNext

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests