Southern General Hospital & Redevelopment

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Southern General Hospital & Redevelopment

Postby dazza » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:11 am

RDR wrote:Never been any mention of naming it this way and it will cause confusion.

I wonder who's bright idea that was. Utterly ridiculous, in my opinion, as people will always refer to it as 'The Southern' regardless. Not to mention the complete waste of money that's been spent on signage and stationery, etc.
No wonder they kept it quiet - There would no doubt have been protestors at the Queen's opening last week.
dazza
-
-

Postby RDR » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:38 pm

Yes it is interesting there was no consultation.
When they opened the new A&E/Plastics block at GRI they consulted over the name for that, certainly amongst staff, don't know about the public, not that I agreed with the name 'Jubilee' building as it does get confused with the Golden Jubilee in Clydebank.
It does sound like a spur of the moment decision. I don't know if they want to try to clearly differentiate it from the 'old' Southern and it's baggage. That was certainly a school of thought amongst some senior managers.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:25 pm

dazza wrote:
RDR wrote:Never been any mention of naming it this way and it will cause confusion.

I wonder who's bright idea that was. Utterly ridiculous, in my opinion, as people will always refer to it as 'The Southern' regardless. Not to mention the complete waste of money that's been spent on signage and stationery, etc.
No wonder they kept it quiet - There would no doubt have been protestors at the Queen's opening last week.

Signage would have been an added expense but it needed upgraded/redone anyway.
Stationary is no longer much of an issue as mostly the letter heads etc. are PC generated, and only require the correct template to be loaded.
I tend to think your final thought but have had a bearing on it....
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dazza » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:59 pm

RDR wrote:Signage would have been an added expense but it needed upgraded/redone anyway.

It had all just been redone - redone to read South Glasgow University Hospital. Everything from all the signs on the grounds and inside, to road signs to the hospital.
dazza
-
-

Postby Guacho » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:33 pm

dazza wrote:What?!

Glasgow's new hospital has been renamed the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital after the monarch officially opened it.

Where did that come from? Has that been the plan all along, and won't it just cause confusion with the Queen Elizabeth building at The Royal? Who, apart from the switchboard, are actually going to start calling it the Queen Elizabeth?

Switchboard calling it Southern General today ::):
Guacho
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Guacho » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:36 pm

dazza wrote:
RDR wrote:Signage would have been an added expense but it needed upgraded/redone anyway.

It had all just been redone - redone to read South Glasgow University Hospital. Everything from all the signs on the grounds and inside, to road signs to the hospital.

And all the travel maps, bus stop signs, road signs, not to mention the helipad

Imagehelipad by guachglw, on Flickr
Guacho
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:23 pm

I see A&E performance has improved, up to 94% of attendees being seen within the 4 hours.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:32 am

RDR wrote:I see A&E performance has improved, up to 94% of attendees being seen within the 4 hours.

Do we know the raw numbers? 94% of fewer attendees maybe isn't something to be bumming about.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dazza » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:59 am

The Egg Man wrote:Do we know the raw numbers? 94% of fewer attendees maybe isn't something to be bumming about.

"It means that fewer than 100 patients waited longer than four hours - down from 178 the previous week."
dazza
-
-

Postby The Egg Man » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:31 pm

dazza wrote:
The Egg Man wrote:Do we know the raw numbers? 94% of fewer attendees maybe isn't something to be bumming about.

"It means that fewer than 100 patients waited longer than four hours - down from 178 the previous week."

Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't tell us whether more or fewer people attended for treatment.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:41 pm

The Egg Man wrote:Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't tell us whether more or fewer people attended for treatment.

Attendance numbers were more or less the same for the period immediately before this reporting one.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:45 pm

Also meant to say, was on the site today, and noticed that the old Bacteriology Lab had been demolished. That used to be attached onto the end of the Clock Tower building.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Guacho » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:59 pm

That went in February. The old mortuary and pathology went the other week, to make space for a multi storey car park
Guacho
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:50 pm

Guacho wrote:That went in February. The old mortuary and pathology went the other week, to make space for a multi storey car park

Ah, right I retired in January and haven't been back on site till today, which will explain why I didn't see it was away.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dazza » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:35 pm

Queen Elizabeth University Hospital to extend staff car park

I notice these plans don't retain the unlisted Management Offices...

dazza
-
-

PreviousNext

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects