Past Present Vol 2

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Past Present Vol 2

Postby DavidMcD316 » Fri May 18, 2012 3:00 pm

Fantastic thread.

just a shame lots of pics not on here anymore cos all the photobucket ones seem to be all gone :(
DavidMcD316
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby purplepantman » Fri May 18, 2012 11:19 pm

DavidMcD316 wrote:Fantastic thread.

just a shame lots of pics not on here anymore cos all the photobucket ones seem to be all gone :(

Strange that eh?!

Wonder why that could be?
purplepantman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sat May 19, 2012 8:17 am

Apparently I stole them all.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DavidMcD316 » Sun May 20, 2012 8:44 pm

Geez them back then :5
DavidMcD316
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sun May 20, 2012 9:00 pm

He's only got 5 of yours? Lucky you. :D
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Wyndfordboy » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:23 pm

Whilst im on the theme of Wyndford I thought this would make a good past and present.

The first photo shows a shot from 1967 ( courtesy and copyright from the Virtual Mitchell ) of my block and the Wyndford Primary school.

The second photo shows a shot from my livingroom looking in the opposite direction, it shows the Wyndford Primary school but with its East wing demolished. One good thing to come of this is that the area has been redeveloped into a play park for the local kids, and the big kids after dark. The school is now a community centre so its also nice to see something positive being done with the building.

Just say hello I don't bite :-)
Wyndfordboy
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby banjo » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:20 am

nice one wyndfordboy.one thing puzzles me though,as we are pretty much a nation of midgets why do councils insist on basketball courts on all of their playparks these days.we are not america,we do not do basketball. :evil:
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Wyndfordboy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:23 pm

It is a bit daft banjo, ive noticed that myself most new parks all have the same. Even down in Dumfries where my folks stay every park now has a basketball court but the kids just adapt it to a football pitch or boxing ring.
Wyndfordboy
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:16 pm

Wyndfordboy wrote:It is a bit daft banjo, ive noticed that myself most new parks all have the same. Even down in Dumfries where my folks stay every park now has a basketball court but the kids just adapt it to a football pitch or boxing ring.

They're called Mugas as in Multi Use Games Areas and more football takes place than basketball. However if you were down with the kidz you would know that basket ball is the hipper sport. What young person is going to wear a soccer top as fashion when he/she sees their pot bellied grandpas with an XXL football shirt on. Basketball vests and shorts are much more sharp. You don't necessarily need to be tall in Basketball to be good at it given particularly if the your opposition is made up of ill fed short arses similar to yourself.

Unlike football where it is assumed that every Glaswegian knows how to play and knows all the rules Basketball means that youth workers can use it to engage with young people by discussing how to play it and how to improve your play.
I think they can also be used for tennis, netball and hockey although I presume in Wynford you're more likely to find a baseball bat than a hockey stick in your average home
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Wyndfordboy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:03 pm

So there we have it folks we all stand corrected what a nice warm welcome to Hidden Glasgow. Thanks.
Wyndfordboy
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Fossil » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:10 pm

I know that the Scottish Rocks do a lot of work with the young folk all over the city - even though their fuding got slashed last year. On a more happier note they will soon be moving in to the new commonwealth arena near Celtic park

Fossil
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby banjo » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:19 pm

wyndford boy,you have just been dextered.i thought it was me in the footie pic but i only wear third lanark tops. :)
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:20 pm

Wyndfordboy wrote:So there we have it folks we all stand corrected what a nice warm welcome to Hidden Glasgow. Thanks.

As it happens, I disagree with the content of Dexter's reply.

All your posts since signing up have been pretty decent,Wyndfordboy, so sorry to say that it was, however, a valid reply.

Welcome to HG nonetheless, 'n' that.

Dex : I've spent a fairly significant degree of the weekend responding to PMs and Abuse Reports concerning your posts. Please have consideration, etc.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Wyndfordboy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:32 pm

Thanks for the welcome, love the site, no worries, Ill just try and do my homework in future im quite thick skinned especially for a wyndford short arse :wink: No harm done.
Wyndfordboy
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby The Egg Man » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:39 pm

banjo wrote:nice one wyndfordboy.one thing puzzles me though,as we are pretty much a nation of midgets why do councils insist on basketball courts on all of their playparks these days.we are not america,we do not do basketball. :evil:

(Before Dexter shouts) I have no evidence for this, but maybe the hoops on Scottish MUGAs are lower than they'd be in the USA.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects