Glasgow’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Glasgow’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Postby PaulK » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:10 am

Here's some songs I've ripped from vinyl from eighties Glasgow band The Kissing Bandits who played the Kelvingrove Festival at some point.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/wuv1fi

PaulK
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Josef » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:50 pm

Allegedly, there has only been one person who appeared on Top Of The Pops twice in one night on different songs by different bands (sic), and he was a Glaswegian. Any guesses?
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:11 am

Josef wrote:Allegedly, there has only been one person who appeared on Top Of The Pops twice in one night on different songs by different bands (sic), and he was a Glaswegian. Any guesses?

It can't be Tony Burrows as he sang on three different songs on one night on TOTP.

He appeared several weeks later singing

Last edited by Dexter St. Clair on Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:25 am

....er, er, alright then, you can miss out the 'only person' bit, since it's obviously rubbish.

Maybe the only Glaswegian, though.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby spanishkid » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Even older Glaswegians may recall the pant stirring occassion of the Queen Mum "God bless her" bestowing her majestic benevelance at the grand opening of the Glasgow Dental Hospital.Lulu I recall soloed with backing vocals supplied by Midge Ure , Ricky Ross and Andy Stuart and any other regional has been you care to conjour up from a dire backlog of rose tinted talentless chirpy chirpy cheep cheep let the wind blow high memory.Lets face up to facts gentlemen.Embrace reality.Hi five truth.Accept the present.It was and ever will be bell bottomed 20th century banal tosh.I do realise I attack your past/youth by decrying your music.Take solace in your memories of "swedgers".Hold on to that .On a lighter more bridge building note check out these fellows.Your children/grandchildren will espouse their greatness in this new millenium(21st)

http://www.myspace.com/startaboycott
Altered Images without the creeping jesus exploitative bass player
spanishkid
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Josef » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:11 pm

spanishkid wrote:Even older Glaswegians may recall the pant stirring occassion of the Queen Mum "God bless her" bestowing her majestic benevelance at the grand opening of the Glasgow Dental Hospital.Lulu I recall soloed with backing vocals supplied by Midge Ure , Ricky Ross and Andy Stuart and any other regional has been you care to conjour up from a dire backlog of rose tinted talentless chirpy chirpy cheep cheep let the wind blow high memory.Lets face up to facts gentlemen.Embrace reality.Hi five truth.Accept the present.It was and ever will be bell bottomed 20th century banal tosh.I do realise I attack your past/youth by decrying your music.Take solace in your memories of "swedgers".Hold on to that .On a lighter more bridge building note check out these fellows.Your children/grandchildren will espouse their greatness in this new millenium(21st)

http://www.myspace.com/startaboycott
Altered Images without the creeping jesus exploitative bass player

I have a mild suspicion that the last person liable to find the Queen Mother 'pant stirring' died some years ago.

On a lighter more bridge building note, your link is decent, but if it's your band than you might want to rethink
the dull, plodding rythym section.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby spanishkid » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:56 pm

Not my band.Thank you for the comment.They are teen hopefuls I am 50 sometrhing hopeless.thanks for the response.Enjoy your forum very informative/entertaining
spanishkid
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:42 pm

Stick to your own site
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby macdonald » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:38 pm

The TOTP Glaswegian is Steve Archibald who sang the Scotland 1982 World Cup song and the Spurs 1982 cup Final song on the same edition.
macdonald
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Josef » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:59 pm

Yep.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Wed May 05, 2010 6:14 am

Anyone have any information on a Glasgow band from the 70's by name of Greenmantle?

I've managed to find out some sparse facts and source a couple of albums but other than that I'm stuck.

Cheers if anyone can impart any sort of scuttlebutt on the what's what and the who's who.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Wed May 05, 2010 6:36 am

Doorstop wrote:Anyone have any information on a Glasgow band from the 70's by name of Greenmantle?

I've managed to find out some sparse facts and source a couple of albums but other than that I'm stuck.

Cheers if anyone can impart any sort of scuttlebutt on the what's what and the who's who.

this mob?http://www.myspace.com/greenmantletheband

Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Wed May 05, 2010 6:59 am

That's them Dex .. I had found the mySpace site. Got talking to the singer Billy the other day (new album in the making incidentally .. coming soon) and thought I'd do a bit of digging. Didn't get any further than a couple of old discs via ebay and the mySpace site to be honest.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Mon May 31, 2010 8:57 pm

Donovan Sunshine Superman

Davie Scott speaks to Donovan and pals about the dippy, trippy 'Sunshine Superman' album. He recalls his unusual recording process, his massive US breakthrough and his longing for a lost love. It'd be another 6-years before he and Linda Lawrence finally got together, but making her a muse for this worldwide chart-topper certainly helped his cause.

BBC Radio Scotland Listen Again

I hear this programme this morning and enjoyed it. You may too.

Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby larrytrooper » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:56 am

Why would Doorstop "leather" Marty Pellow for smoking some cannabis ? As a professional doorman , would it not have been normal to just put him out of the premises, or did he refuse and start a wee "stushie" then I could understand a wee bit of rough handling to remove him, after all he is not Mike Tyson and if he had been puffing "blow" as intimated, would he not really have been in much of a state to cause a "stushie" then perhaps Doorstop's granny could have put him "oot" !!!!
larrytrooper
First Stripe
First Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects