...O' Henry's to The Big Blue to Inn Deep

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

...O' Henry's to The Big Blue to Inn Deep

Postby tartanglitter » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:14 pm

Hello hidden glasgow forums!

This is my first post as I have just registered but I have found myself on this site many times over the years! You sure are an informative bunch!

At 445 Great Western Road the pub Inn Deep just at Kelvin Bridge with seats by the river. I have been trying to find old photos of the interior of the building. I found many exterior photos and drawings going back to the 1800's much of them were found via here.

So before it became Inn Deep in 2012 the business was The Big Blue and about 20 years before that it was O' Henry's. And thanks to some of you guys I just discovered a photo of a cafe from 1974, R.Ranaldi Tea Rooms, but this is the only photo I have come across. (photo below)
I have heard O henry's was quite the party spot. Late night raves, lock ins and gigs. However finding photos of these times has been a proper mission... which brings me back here.

So my question for you lot is... Does anyone have any photos of the interior or even any exterior of the space 1960 to 1990s.

Im even interested in hearing any stories of these times....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tartanglitter
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: ...O' Henry's to The Big Blue to Inn Deep

Postby tartanglitter » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:07 pm

'O Henrys exterior 1987.
Photo credit to Simon Clegg
https://www.facebook.com/darklive.net/p ... =3&theater
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tartanglitter
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby tartanglitter » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Thought I'd just pop back in to say that was still looking for any photos/stories/advertisements/leads into this.

It's been a year since I started this mission.....Still looking.

Forever hopeful.
tartanglitter
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby PaulK » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:04 am

Not about the pub but that picture of Fraser Hughes' shop was a blast from the past. A hardware store which also stocked vinyl it was owned by a friend of my father's, a guy called Tommy Hughes. He was a ham radio enthusiast and also had the first colour telly I ever saw (I was pals with his son and we went round to see star Trek in colour on the telly). I've still got some albums I bought from his shop with a very kind discount offered.
PaulK
First Stripe
First Stripe

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects