long lost grandaughter

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

long lost grandaughter

Postby frank dawson » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:41 pm

I have 22 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild from my family of 5 daughters and 2 sons.
In many a large family there can be found a black sheep which is what I have in mine.
17 years ago one of my sons marriage broke up and we have not seen him or his former wife and their daughter who was only weeks old at the time.
2 months ago I received a telephone call from our missing grandaughter who has been trying to find us for 3 years.
Since that call we have had her visiting us for 4 days and every night we chat on the webcam.
The young lady is an absolute gem of a person and she has made my wife and I very happy.
It is wonderful that she has turned out to be such a kind,thoughtful and stable person considering she comes from a broken marriage.
My wife and I look forward to enjoying her company in our remaining years.
frank dawson
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:01 pm

Good to hear it Frank :) It can't have been easy.
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bluepeterno1 » Wed May 09, 2007 9:36 pm

Love a happy ending Frank , :D famliy is everything, have you had no word from your son.
bluepeterno1
bluepeterno1
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Wed May 09, 2007 9:46 pm

It is wonderful that she has turned out to be such a kind,thoughtful and stable person considering she comes from a broken marriage.

pardon me for coming over all Glasgow Guidish but i do hope "broken marriage" will be shortly joining "mixed marriage" in your dustbin of unused phrases. Somebody did a good job in bringing her up just as you did in bringing your kids up.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Wed May 09, 2007 10:13 pm

If either of you succeed in reviving 'frank dawson' from his state of suspended animation then a life-long grudge beckons :evil: .
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MadameZiggy » Thu May 10, 2007 1:06 am

I think that Frank's story was lovely & Bah! on those that are rubbishing it!
MadameZiggy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

long lost granddaughter

Postby frank dawson » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:33 pm

Josef I really feel sorry for you. You are certainly a very sad case!
my final words with you>
frank dawson
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:11 pm

Josef's turn to reply.....in February 2008.
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mrlipring » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:31 pm

Being the product of a broken marriage myself I take offence to the implication that in some way it should make me unkind, unthoughtful and unstable.

I'm neither unkind nor unthoughtful. :wink:

Glad it all worked out for you and your granddaughter in the end though, really.
mrlipring
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: long lost granddaughter

Postby Alex Glass » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:28 pm

frank dawson wrote:Josef I really feel sorry for you. You are certainly a very sad case!
my final words with you>

Hi Frank

Hope you are keeping well.

All the best to you and yours from me and mine.

Alex
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

long lost granddaughter

Postby frank dawson » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:28 pm

Thanks Alex my health has deteriorated but I have the pleasure of talking on WebCam each night to my granddaughter which cheers me up considerably.
I seem to have upset a few people on the site and I apologise if I have done so.
All the best to you Alex you are a gent!
frank dawson
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:18 pm

frank dawson wrote:Thanks Alex my health has deteriorated but I have the pleasure of talking on WebCam each night to my granddaughter which cheers me up considerably.
I seem to have upset a few people on the site and I apologise if I have done so.

We can all have our own opinion Frank.

That is what makes forums like Hidden Glasgow so interesting. We need differing opinions in order to develope a discussion. If someone's opinion offends that is unfortunate but is fortunately a part of attracting other contributors to the debate.

As long as it is not abusive I am sure the moderators won't mind.

Its good to talk. So keep it coming.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby AndrewM » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:18 pm

frank dawson wrote:Thanks Alex my health has deteriorated but I have the pleasure of talking on WebCam each night to my granddaughter which cheers me up considerably.

I don't think you have said or done anything to cause offence. You seem to have just posted a nice story. I for one love a happy ending and I hope that your relationship with your granddaughter goes from strength to strength and that she continues to bring a smile to your face.
AndrewM
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Alex Glass » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:21 pm

AndrewM wrote:

I don't think you have said or done anything to cause offence. You seem to have just posted a nice story. I for one love a happy ending and I hope that your relationship with your granddaughter goes from strength to strength and that she continues to bring a smile to your face.

Reference to previous posts in other topics Andrew :wink:
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dougie » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:00 pm

AndrewM wrote:

I agree, it's nice to hear of such a story with a great ending. Good on you, Frank. :D
Dougie
First Stripe
First Stripe

Return to Around the World