Giffen Station

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Giffen Station

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:53 am

Thanks for the above and now can anyone answer ty1000's questions.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vintagebuff » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:59 am

Been thinking about this and I cant remember reading about or anybody telling me about Gree goods yard. In the pic below the field to the south west of Gree has been filled but I dont remember any cuttings or sidings prior to being filled. To the north east on the Barrmill branch there could have been sidings but the lack of buildings or old roads or tracks would suggest otherwise. In the map theres no sign of anything either. Gree goods yard could have just been a halt without sidings but again Lugton and Barmill/Giffen where there are sidings and yards aren't far away.

Vintagebuff
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:51 am

Thanks again for another excellent and it must be said this time speedy response. I like the map photo combination.

Sainsbury's are offering Scotrail returns anywhere in Scotland for £18 and first thing I did last Friday when I returned from Leuchars was to hit the bing manps and retace my route.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vintagebuff » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:09 am

It seems there were sidings at Overgree after all but not at Gree Farm. was talking to the owner of Overgree a while ago and he confirmed that there was inseed sidings and a munitions depot on part of his property. looking more closely at the map you can just make out where the sidings and depot used to be.
Vintagebuff
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Previous

Return to Around the World