Flights between Glasgow and Isle of Man to resume

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Flights between Glasgow and Isle of Man to resume

Postby The Egg Man » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:28 pm

Direct flights between Glasgow and the Isle of Man are to resume next spring.

From the end of March 2014, there will be nine flights a week from Glasgow Airport.

They will be operated by Citywing, with a view to increasing the number of services as demand ...........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-25460814
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2702
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Re: Flights between Glasgow and Isle of Man to resume

Postby Sharon » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:25 pm

Good opportunity to visit the isle of man. *ponders*
Beware of yawning dogs.
User avatar
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7493
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:30 am
Location: Galloway

Re: Flights between Glasgow and Isle of Man to resume

Postby The Egg Man » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:34 pm

Or a Fraggle Rock resident to visit Glasgow a bit more often.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2702
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Re: Flights between Glasgow and Isle of Man to resume

Postby Sharon » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:35 pm

The Egg Man wrote:Or a Fraggle Rock resident to visit Glasgow a bit more often.


Good point, well made. :)
Beware of yawning dogs.
User avatar
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7493
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:30 am
Location: Galloway

Re: Flights between Glasgow and Isle of Man to resume

Postby Boxer6 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:32 am

Interesting omission there - prices!

By and large, the IoM is a very expensive place to get to and from, especially if you wish to take your car/bike/van, at which point you will require to 'bend over' and be financially sodomised by the Steam Racket.

Oh, and any caravanners will be out of luck - they're banned!!
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
User avatar
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: What's it called?

Re: Flights between Glasgow and Isle of Man to resume

Postby The Egg Man » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:42 pm

Whilst, in other news, Greggs share price has risen on news that sales of macaroni pies are expected to soar.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 2702
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Re: Flights between Glasgow and Isle of Man to resume

Postby DickyHart » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:49 am

Boxer6 wrote:Interesting omission there - prices!

By and large, the IoM is a very expensive place to get to and from, especially if you wish to take your car/bike/van, at which point you will require to 'bend over' and be financially sodomised by the Steam Racket.

Oh, and any caravanners will be out of luck - they're banned!!


You can take a caravan to the IoM, you need to apply for permission a few weeks in advance and use recognised caravan sites.
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
User avatar
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1505
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:30 pm
Location: Rutherglen

Re: Flights between Glasgow and Isle of Man to resume

Postby Boxer6 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:46 am

DickyHart wrote:
Boxer6 wrote:Interesting omission there - prices!

By and large, the IoM is a very expensive place to get to and from, especially if you wish to take your car/bike/van, at which point you will require to 'bend over' and be financially sodomised by the Steam Racket.

Oh, and any caravanners will be out of luck - they're banned!!


You can take a caravan to the IoM, you need to apply for permission a few weeks in advance and use recognised caravan sites.


Must have changed the rules then, as they weren't allowed when I still lived there. Camper vans and motorhomes were allowed, which I always found a bit odd as one of the main reasons for no permitting caravans was their width! Mind you, they were becoming more relaxed about using articulated vehicles by the time I left, so this news shouldn't be a surprise really.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
User avatar
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: What's it called?

Re: Flights between Glasgow and Isle of Man to resume

Postby DickyHart » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Boxer6 wrote:
DickyHart wrote:
Boxer6 wrote:Interesting omission there - prices!

By and large, the IoM is a very expensive place to get to and from, especially if you wish to take your car/bike/van, at which point you will require to 'bend over' and be financially sodomised by the Steam Racket.

Oh, and any caravanners will be out of luck - they're banned!!


You can take a caravan to the IoM, you need to apply for permission a few weeks in advance and use recognised caravan sites.


Must have changed the rules then, as they weren't allowed when I still lived there. Camper vans and motorhomes were allowed, which I always found a bit odd as one of the main reasons for no permitting caravans was their width! Mind you, they were becoming more relaxed about using articulated vehicles by the time I left, so this news shouldn't be a surprise really.

They mustve done, a pal of mine took his over last year.
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
User avatar
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1505
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:30 pm
Location: Rutherglen


Return to Around the World

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest