Hi everyone - Belfast gal moving to Glasgow

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Hi everyone - Belfast gal moving to Glasgow

Postby katiekat » Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:14 pm

Hi everyone - need some help. I'm moving to Glasgow in September to study music at the Scottish Academy, and my boyfriend is coming with me.

I am a little bit terrified about the move and because my b/f isn't a student, I can't just go into the usual student accomodation. We are looking for either a single-bedroom flat to rent, or to rent a double-room in a shared house. I am worried about ending up being charged the earth (though i have heard it ain't too expensive in Glasgow) or getting a dodgy landlord. :?

My b/f will also need to get a new job - he is a computer operator at the minute and so is looking an IT job with a salary circa £10000-£12000p/yr or to enter into an IT-related apprenticeship.

Please if you have any advice you can offer us reply on this topic or pm me. Thanks, katie :)
'I believe in the spirit' - Tim Burgess
katiekat
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby caine » Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:38 pm

if you want something thats not to expensive then your best bet is not to look in the west end, try looking a bit further out or even on the south side.
caine
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Jazza » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:43 pm

Maybe a wee look here http://www.s1homes.com/rental/ will give you a better idea about flat rental.

From that site it looks like 1 bed flats start at around £300, you can search for rooms too.
Eighty percent of success is showing up.
Jazza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Fossil » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:56 pm

try here the flats about 10min from the city centre
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Reverend Scapegoat » Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:22 am

Having lived North, South East and West, I'd recommend the South Side as having the best balance of value-for-money, travel convenience and safety. Well... parts of it!

Govanhill is about 10 minutes from the City Centre, and is well served by buses ( About 12 different numbers go along the 3 main roads through the area. At least 2 of these are night buses, running hourly all night every night. )
It's a nice enough area, not THAT many neds ( More Asians than anything else - so plenty of 24-hour shops and good food;) )

The last 2 2-bedroom ( With a living room as well, rather than instead of! ) flats I was in in the area were around the £400 PCM mark, + council tax.

I recommend Merchant Executive Properties as a particularly fair and easy-to-deal with letting agency. I'd seriously avoid private landlords where possible.
Reverend Scapegoat
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: APARTMENTS IN BELFAST

Postby Josef » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:44 pm

Delmont St Xavier wrote:
deepu wrote:Belfast..........

Is it me or have I missed something?

Oh,I wouldn't have thought so.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe